Friday, November 14, 2008

PLANET OF THE BAPE


It is usually my passion for fashion gf that does all the shopping where ever we go. However on a recent trip to Japan, the tables were turned. (See picture above)
I dont usually find clothes that I really like, but I am obsessed with the clothing brands BBC/ICE CREAMS and BAPE.
BAPE (A Bathing Ape) is a brand started by Japanese entrepreneur Tomoaki "Nigo" Nagao. The brand was names after the 1968 film "Planet of the Apes" The "bathing" part of the name comes from a Japanese saying "bathing in luke warm water" it is a metaphor for over indulgence (which I am becoming accustom to).
The other brand that I am obsessed with is the BBC (Billionaire Boys Club), who also make the brand Ice Creams. This brand is the sister brand of BAPE, co-created by Tomoaki "Nigo" Nagao and Super Producer and Musician Pharrell Williams of the Neptunes.
Check out the websites below:
BAPE
BBC & ICE CREAMS (Checkout the blog, its filled with allot of cool s#$%)

2 comments:

Cotton Socks said...

err.
i think ur bape is fake.
sorry to be the one to break it to you!!!


FAPE!!!

OREBOY said...

No it is not. I bought it from the Japan stores. That means that Nigo and Pharell are selling fakes in their stores.